Skip to main content

My 4th Yosemite Trip

Last weekend my friend and ex-colleague Emon (Sazzad) and Saiful came from Atlanta to visit us. My friend Nitol rented a Pontiac G6 the Friday morning we started for Yosemite at 1:45 PM. I booked a 2 bed room fully furnished resort in Bass Lake (15 miles from before Yosemite) via my trial time share for the weekend. Yosemite is one of my favorite places in California which is couple of hundred miles from Fremont where I live in. The roads to Yosemite are a little curvy and so my wife Shusmita was anxious thinking of our 16 months old son Ahyan while we were driving at night.

The first night's stay was full of playing cards (29), random chats, so we woke up late in the morning. After having breakfast in the restaurant near the lake we reached Yosemite at noon. Here are some pictures from Nitol on the trip.

http://picasaweb.google.com/nitol.shabbir/Yosemite





This is the 4th time in last 3 years I have visited Yosemite. It's still the same beautiful El Capitan rock and Yosemite falls there. Although Bass Lake was new to me in this trip, I still liked the tunnel through which we enter the Yosemite rock area. El Capitan looks different at different times of the day based on the reflections of sunlight. And the first time I went just at the bottom of the Yosemite fall that was full of water - very very cold water. Fortunately the weather was excellent despite a snow storm couple of weeks back.

The next day, after spending another round in Bass lake restaurant to have breakfast, we started for home at 12:30 PM. On the way back, I was driving with high speed and as Nitol was following me, both of us got speeding tickets.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Servidor, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://servidor-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Popular posts from this blog

Top Travel Destinations in California

Go these Top Travel Destinations List for California in travel.nytimes.com while surfing a little earlier. http://www.destination360.com/north-america/us/california/california.php Anza-Borrego Desert State Park Berkeley Big Sur Carmel Channel Islands National Park Death Valley National Park Desert Hot Springs Eureka Fort Bragg Half Moon Bay Healdsburg Huntington Beach Joshua Tree National Park La Jolla Laguna Beach Lake Tahoe Long Beach Los Angeles Malibu Mammoth Lakes Mendocino Mojave Desert Monterey Napa Valley Oakland Ojai Palm Springs Pasadena Point Reyes National Seashore Sacramento San Diego San Francisco San Jose San Luis Obispo Santa Barbara Santa Catalina Island Santa Cruz Santa Monica Santa Ynez Valley Sausalito Sonoma Valley Yosemite National Park

TavelMuse - Suggests Where To Take The Next Vacation

This is what I have been looking for a long time - a site that suggests me where to go in my next vacation trip and also help planning the trip details. http://www.travelmuse.com It allows me to create a list of trips and track each of those separately. Whenever I find a new page while surfing internet, I can attach that page, article or link to any of the trips I have in my list. This way now I have more than a dozen trip plan in progress right now. I hope this service remains free once they come out of beta stage.